Psychiatric & Psychological Assessment: Comprehensive Mental Health Evaluation
Welcome to our online Psychiatric & Psychological Assessment page, where we provide comprehensive mental health evaluations to support your well-being and guide your path towards optimal mental health. Our team of highly trained Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners and mental health professionals are dedicated to understanding your unique needs and providing you with individualized consultation.
It Takes a Family has been providing mental health services for over 15 years, in our consistent efforts to provide ongoing exceptional services, we have noticed a gap for clients who are seeking specific services related to diagnostic assessment, and not ongoing clinical care. In response to this presenting need, we have created services for clients seeking individual targeted therapeutic evaluations and assessments. Services rendered are diagnostic, investigative and offer recommendations at the conclusion of the diagnostic evaluation.
Important Information to Know Before We Proceed:
It is important to note that this is a one-time evaluation with no follow-up or hospital admitting office privileges services.
If you are experiencing any mental health issues that are not specific to an assessment, please contact the closest mental health clinic or crisis center for services. We also provide clinical services in the states of New Jersey and Maryland, please refer to other parts of this website for our mental health clinic locations.
It is important to note that while It Takes A Family Outpatient Clinic accepts insurance, this service is a FEE FOR SERVICE, OUT OF POCKET SERVICE. We do not accept insurance directly for this type of care.
What We offer with our Psychiatric & Psychological Assessment Services:
- Expertise and Experience: Our team consists of experienced psychiatrists, psychologists and nurse practitioners who specialize in conducting thorough psychiatric and psychological assessments. Our team has extensive knowledge in diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health conditions.
- Holistic Approach: We take a holistic approach to mental health, considering various factors that impact your well-being, including biological, psychological, and social aspects. Our assessments delve deep to uncover the underlying causes and contributing factors to your mental health concerns.
- Collaborative Care: We believe in building a collaborative relationship with our clients. Our assessments involve active communication and listening, ensuring that your concerns and experiences are heard and valued. We work together to develop personalized treatment recommendations that align with your goals and needs.
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Our psychiatric assessments are thorough and comprehensive. We utilize evidence-based assessment tools, conduct in-depth interviews, and review relevant medical history to gain a comprehensive understanding of your mental health status.
- Diagnostic Clarity: Through our assessments, we aim to provide clarity in diagnosis, helping you understand the nature of your mental health condition. Accurate diagnosis is crucial for effective treatment planning and targeted interventions.
- Treatment Recommendations Follow up: Following the assessment, we provide personalized treatment recommendations based on your unique needs. Our recommendations may include medication management, therapy options, lifestyle modifications, and other interventions specific to your situation.
- Tailored Specific Assessments: With the knowledge that Psychiatric and Psychological assessments are used for a variety of reasons, our assessments will focus on the specifics needed for the purpose for assessment.
Service Delivery Options:
We offer flexible scheduling with evening and weekend hours. We are able to see you within 7-14 days.
ITAF offers psychological and psychiatric services in the following formats:
- Telehealth Services
- Hybrid Services – This is a combination of virtual and in person visit.
- In person assessment for DETAILED PSYCHIATRIC & PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS ONLY- in Maryland and New Jersey Only.
What to expect during your psychiatric and psychological evaluation interview
- Initial Consultation: We begin with an initial consultation to understand your concerns, symptoms, and goals. This allows us to gather relevant information and determine the appropriate assessment process.
- Assessment Tools: We employ a combination of validated assessment tools, interviews, and observations to gather comprehensive information about your mental health. These may include questionnaires, clinical interviews, psychological tests, and self-report measures.
- Medical and Psychiatric History: We review your medical and psychiatric history, including any previous diagnoses, treatments, and medications. This information helps us gain a comprehensive understanding of your mental health journey.
- In-depth Interviews: Our care team conducts in-depth interviews to explore your symptoms, emotions, thoughts, and any other factors contributing to your mental health concerns. We create a safe and non-judgmental space for you to express your feelings and experiences.
Types Of Assessment:
- Basic Assessment: A basic psychiatric and psychological evaluation is used to determine the status of mental health, need for medication and psychiatric recommendations. This report determines presenting current symptomatology. This assessment details a history no more than 90 days prior to assessment day and assesses the here and now of presentation.
- Comprehensive Assessment: Comprehensive psychiatric and psychological evaluation to determine status of mental health, need for medication, predisposition, precipitating, perpetuating, parental capacity, and protective factors. Psychiatric recommendations will also be determined at the conclusion of the evaluation. This report is detailed and speaks to a clients’ mental health history, history of symptomatology and treatment as well as presenting symptoms. This report assesses a client’s full history and onset of symptoms as it applies to a current diagnosis.
Specific Assessment Types:
|Type of Assessment||Common purpose|
|Medical Mental health||Psychiatric mental health diagnosis and assessment. Usually assesses the need for medication|
|Psychological mental health||Mental health testing and diagnosis|
|Basic and comprehensive school assessment||Assesses mental health as it relates to the capacity to function in a school setting.|
|Bariatric||Assesses mental health ability as it relates to Bariatric Services including services and eating disorders|
|Surrogacy||Assesses mental health needs as it relates to the ability to be a surrogate birth mother or the couple’s ability to be parents to a baby carried through surrogacy as it relates to the family dynamics|
|Adoption||Assesses mental health need as it relates to adoption for both the child and the prospective parent.|
|Court related to mental health and parental capacity||Assesses mental health related to court related issue, criminal, family, municipal or civil.|
|Transgender||Assesses mental health related to gender identity, gender specific surgery and all issues related to gender specific issue|
|Fertility||Assesses mental health as it relates to fertility issues such as loss, conception and ability to cope with the stressors related to fertility.|
Payment And Compensation:
|Type of Assessment||Completed by a Nurse – Cost||Completed by a Psychiatrist – Cost|
|Detailed Comprehensive Evaluation||$1600.00||$2100|
|Type of Assessment||Cost Completed by a Psychologist|
|Detailed Comprehensive Evaluation||$1600.00|
Take the First Step Towards Scheduling Your Evaluation:
To schedule an assessment or to learn more about our services, please contact our friendly team today. We are here to support you and guide you towards the path of mental wellness.
If you are interested, please fill out this quick questionnaire, and we will reach out to you within 24 hours.